As an antenna engineer, I have three years of work experience in design, prototyping, fabrication, and testing of antenna systems at different companies. Besides, living and working in four countries has shaped me into a multi-cultural individual. As a result of organizing events and extensive collaborations during my PhD, I am successful at implementing technical problem-solving methods, team leadership, and working independently. Bronze medalist in national Physics Olympiad, highly skilled in HFSS, MATLAB, mmwave PCB antennas and conducting field tests.
I have enjoyed working on antenna systems since my MSc studies. Furthermore, I love seeing practical outcomes of the research results while remaining on the cutting edge and thinking outside the box for novel ideas. Let’s connect to see what we can find from outside the box.
My areas of expertise and interests include:
Over The Air measurement setup, MIMO and 5G array antennas, automotive radar antenna systems, Metasurface and impedance modulated surfaces, artificial intelligence, and machine learning in antenna engineering.
- M. Poordaraee and A. A. Glazunov, "Chamber Array Antenna Layout for Compact OTA Measurements," 2020 14th European Conference on Antennas and Propagation (EuCAP), 2020, pp. 1-4, doi: 10.23919/EuCAP48036.2020.9135200.
- M. Poordaraee, A. A. Glazunov " Plane Wave Synthesis with Irregular Chamber Planar Antenna Arrays for Compact OTA Measurements" 2019 13th European Conference on Antennas and Propagation (EuCAP 2019), Krakow, 2019
- S. Khajevandi, H. Oraizi and M. Poordaraee, "Design of planar dual-band-stop FSS using square loop enclosing superformula curves," in IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, vol. 17, no. 5, pp. 731-734, May 2018.
- M. Poordaraee, H. Oraizi, S. Khajevandi and F. Hodjat-Kashani, "Systematic Octopus-Shape Antenna Design with Circular Polarization by Characteristic Mode Theory" 2018 12th European Conference on Antennas and Propagation (EuCAP 2018), London, 2018.
- S. Khajevandi, H. Oraizi, A. Amini and M. Poordaraee, " Design of a Miniaturized-Element FSS Based on 2.5-Dimensional Closed Loop Hilbert Fractal," in IET Microwaves, Antennas & Propagation, 2019
- M. Poordaraee, H. Oraizi, S. Khajevandi and A. A. Glazunov, "Systematic Design of a Circularly Polarized Microstrip Antenna Using a Shape Super-Formula and the Characteristic Mode Theory," 2018 18th Mediterranean Microwave Symposium (MMS), Istanbul, 2018.
- H. Oraizi, M. Poordaraee, S. Khajevandi and A. Amini, "Design of circularly polarized Giuseppe Peano fractal patch antenna by the theory of Characteristic Mode," 2017 Iranian Conference on Electrical Engineering (ICEE), Tehran, 2017, pp. 2009-2013.