Download CV (PDF)
For more info about Guus Rijnders on the 'Featured Scientists' page, click below:
Past 5 years: The research I have conducted after finishing my PhD is related to the materials science of complex materials, mostly used for electronic devices. The research focuses on the structure-property relation of atomically engineered complex (nano)materials, especially thin film ceramic oxides. The class of investigated materials includes, amongst others, ferromagnetic, superconducting, ferroelectric as well as piezoelectric materials. I have advanced the field of synthesis and (in-situ) atomic-scale characterization of complex oxides, which resulted in a significant revival in the field of functional materials. In recent years, I have started new research directions in the field of functional and smart materials, such as piezoelectric and ferroelectric materials, and their integration with electronic and micro electromechanical systems (MEMS).
Supervisor for dissertations
- David Dubbink (2017): Epitaxial oxides on silicon by Pulsed Laser Deposition
- Alim Solmaz (2017): Interface and domain engineering in ferroelectric BiFeO3 thin films
- Kurt Vergeer (2017): Structure and Functional Properties of Epitaxial PbZrxTi1-xO3Films
- Werner Wessels (2016): Growth monitoring during pulsed laser deposition of oxides using atomic force microscopy
- Anirban Ghosh (2016): Engineering Ferroelectric Switching Dynamics
- Jeroen Blok (2015): Experimental design of oxide materials
- Maarten Nijland (2014): Anisotropy in Patterned Perovskite Oxides
- Nirupam Banerjee (2014): Epitaxial Perovskite Oxide Devices Fabricated by Lift-off Technology
- Peter Brinks (2014): Size effects in thermoelectric cobaltate heterostructures
- Brian Smith (2014): Ferroelectrics from the bottom up: Investigation of nanoscale boundary conditions in ferroelectric thin films using novel bottom up growth techniques
- Bouwe Kuiper (2014): Size effects in epitaxial oxide thin films
- Wan, X. (2013): Tailored piezoelectric thin films for energy harvester
- Steenwelle, R.J.A. (2012): Strain and composition effects in epitaxial PZT thin films
- Kleibeuker, J.E. (2012): Reconstructions at complex oxide interfaces
- Veen, P.J. de (2011): Interface Engineering for Organic Electronics; Manufacturing of Hybrid Inorganic-Organic Molecular Crystal Devices
- Boschker, J.A. (2011): Perovskite oxide heteroepitaxy; strain and interface engineering
- Mikkenie, R. (2011): Materials Development for Commercial Multilayer Ceramic Capacitors
- Yildirim, O. (2010): Self-Assembled Monolayers on Metal Oxides: Applications in Nanotechnology
- Nguyen, D.M. (2010): Ferroelectric and piezoelectric properties of epitaxial PZT films and devices on silicon.
- Hassink, G.W.J. (2009): Two-dimensional electron layers in perovskite oxides.