Anne is a senior lecturer in the BSc and MSc program Technical Medicine (University of Twente) in modules including Cell Biology (theory and practical course), Biomaterials for clinical interventions (also module-coordinator) and in the mastercourse Clinical Biotechnology (also course coordinator). Since 2020 she also teaches Cell Biology in the program ATLAS University College.
Since August 2021, Anne started for 0.2 FTE as teaching fellow on Challenge Based Learning. This fellowship will allow her to gain experience and to conduct research on Challenge Based Learning methods in her education.
Furthermore, Anne conducts research in the field of Organ-on-a-chip technology. She is embedded in the Applied Stem Cell Technologies group and is a member of the Organ On a chip Centre Twente (OoCCT),
Moreover, Anne has a general interest in the development of biomedical devices and tools for medical interventions and diagnostics for both in vivo and extracorporeal applications. She works with several clinical and industrial partners in setting up clinical trials and optimizing designs of medical devices.
She has gained expertise in a broad range of biomedical related topics ranging from the molecular cell biology level up to the functional level of the musculoskeletal system at the macro-scale.
- Development of tumor-on-a-chip models to study processes involved in tissue invasion and metastasis.
- Lymph-on-a-chip consortium (NWA)
- Development and testing of medical devices for per- and post-operative treatment.
Peer-reviewer for several journals including: Biomaterials, Advanced Technologies, Journal of Tissue Engineering and Regenerative Medicine, Integrative Biology and Acta Biomaterialia.
Google Scholar Link
Module or course coordinator:
- MOD11 TM "Biomaterials and Ethics"
- MSc. course TM: Clinical Biotechnology
- ATLAS Elective: Cell Biology
- MOD01 TM "Bouwstenen van de Mens" Introduction to Cell Biology and Project
- MOD02 TM "Zicht op ziekte" Project Assessor
- MOD11 TM "Biomaterials and Ethics" Biomaterials and Project
- Chairman of the OLC-TG (educational quality committee)
- Teaching fellow on Challenge Based Learning
- Internship supervisor BME and TM
Affiliated Study Programmes
Courses Academic Year 2022/2023
Courses Academic Year 2021/2022
- Tumor-on-a-chip models to study secretion factors involved in cancer metastasis (in collaboration with i3S, Porto, Portugal)
- Development of an oxygen delivery device to prevent anastomotic leakage after esophageal tumor resection (in collaboration with ZGT, MST and UMCG).
- Development of a Blood-Brain-Barrier on a chip (BIOS/ Lab on a chip group)
- Development of a Lymph-on-a-chip model (NWA consortium)