Georgios is PhD candidate on "Traffic Safety Impacts and User Acceptance of Smart Connected Bikes" at the Centre for Transport Studies (CTS). For more information about his PhD project please see here. His research focuses on intelligent transport systems, sustainable mobility, and data analysis. Over the past eight years, he got engaged with numerous interesting and challenging projects on urban and spatial mobility, road safety for cyclists, and urban planning in Greece, Austria, and the UK.
In 2013, he completed his Bachelor studies as Surveyor Engineer and Geoinformatics, while, in 2018, he received his Master of Science degree in Intelligent Transport Systems from the Faculty of Engineering of Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece.
- 2020-current: PhD candidate, Centre for Transport Studies, Faculty of Engineering Technology, University of Twente
- 2019-2020: Research Associate, Department of Planning and Transport, University of Westminster, London, UK
- 2017-2018: Scientific Associate, Unit of Intelligent Transport Systems and planning, University of Innsbruck, Innsbruck, Austria
- 2012-2017: Surveyor Engineering and Urban Planner, Geochoros SA, Thessaloniki, Greece
- European Institute of Innovation and Technology (EIT), Urban Mobility expert, https://www.eiturbanmobility.eu/
- TRAIL, Research School on Transport, Infrastructure and Logistics, http://rstrail.nl/