1972-1980 Aeronautical Engineering (TU Delft)
1980-1985 Stress engineer at Fokker Space Division (Schiphol-Oost).
1987-current Universiteit Twente, Assistant professor, associate professor of applied mechanics with specialization in thermo-mechanical and plastic forming processes.
Current Research activities:
Optimization of structures and processes:
- Optimum design of composite structures.
- Robust optimization of forming processes.
- Topology optimization of additively manufactured products.
Non linear solid mechanics
- Temperatures, stresses and distortions during and after powder bed based and direct deposition additive manufacturing.
- Analysis and simulation of instabilities during cold rolling.
- Analysis and simulation of deep sea pipe laying operations.
Other Research activities:
- Finite element formulation for steady state problems.
- Analysis of aluminum extrusion.
- Aluminum extrusion with flexible die.
- Friction surface cladding.
- Damage evolution during hot ring rolling.
- Constitutive behavior of austenitic stainless steel.
- Constitutive modelling of austenitic stainless steel.
- Texture and phase transformation in austenitic stainless steel.
- Design of lubricant free piston compressors.