Previously, from August 2019 to August 2021, he held a Postdoctoral position in the Design and Automation for Embedded Systems group at TU Dortmund University in Germany. He obtained his Ph.D. degree (May 2019) in Computer Science (Dr.-Ing.) from TU Dortmund University with the highest distinction (summa cum laude), under the supervision of Prof. Jian-Jia Chen. He completed his master's degree in Computer Science (2013) and his bachelor's degree in the Interdisciplinary Program of Humanities and Social Sciences (2011) at National Tsing Hua University in Taiwan.
He currently serves as Guest Editor for the ACM Transactions of Cyber-Physical Systems and the ACM Transactions on Embedded Computing Systems. Furthermore, he has published 60+ scientific works in top peer-reviewed journals (e.g., TC and TECS) and international conferences (e.g., EMSOFT, RTSS, RTAS, DAC, ECML, DATE). Additionally, he actively participates as a member of several Technical Program Committees (TPC) for premier conferences and contributes as a reviewer for various peer-reviewed journals and conferences in the field of computer science and engineering.
He is one founder of the Dutch Real-Time System Community, funded by 4TU.NIRICT. Furthermore, he is also responsible for the course "Design and Implementation of Real-Time Systems", granted by the ASCI research school. His achievements include Best Paper Award at ECRTS’23, Best Paper nomination at DATE'21, Best Student Paper Award at RTCSA'18, and a dissertation award at TU Dortmund University (2019). Furthermore, he was granted a personal exchange project (PPP) by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) and a postdoctoral fellowship by the Japan Society for the Promotion of Science (JSPS) in 2021.
Outside the academic pursuits, he dedicates his time to mentorship and open-source development. He has been a volunteer mentor in the ESA Summer of Code in Space (2017) and Google Summer of Code since 2016, specifically focusing on open-source development for a popular real-time operating system, RTEMS. Additionally, he is the member of HiPEAC, a network of European researchers in the field of computing systems.
- Timing Analysis, Scheduling, and System Software for Real-Time Systems
- Dependable Computing and Fault-Tolerant Software Design
- Cyber-Physical-Systems and Resource Management
- Hardware Software Co-design
I have also served on several technical program committees (TPC) or organization teams:
- ACM/USENIX/IFIP Middleware Conference - TPC (2024)
- ACM/IEEE Design, Automation, and Test in Europe (DATE) - TPC for A1"Power-efficient and sustainable computing" (2024)
- Asia and South Pacific Design Automation Conference (ASP-DAC) - TPC (2024, 2023)
- ACM/IEEE International Conference on Computer-Aided Design (ICCAD) - TPC (2023)
- ACM/IEEE International Conference on Hardware/Software Codesign and System Synthesis (CODES+ISSS) - TPC (2023)
- IEEE International Conference on Computer Design - TPC for Computer Systems Track (2023)
- International Symposium on Defect and Fault Tolerance in VLSI and Nanotechnology (DFTS) - TPC (2023)
- Workshop on Machine Learning for CAD - TPC (2023, 2022, 2020)
- IEEE Real-Time and Embedded Technology and Applications Symposium (RTAS) - TPC for Applied Methodologies and Foundations (2024), Web chair (2024), TPC for Systems and Applications Track (2023), Session Chair (2023)
- Euromicro Conference on Real-Time Systems (ECRTS) - Publicity Chair (2024), Social Media Chair (2023), Session Chair (2022)
- IEEE Real-Time Systems Symposium (RTSS) - AE Committee (2023, 2022, 2021), Multimedia Chair (2021), Session Chair (2021), TPC (2021)
- International Conference on Real-Time and Network Systems (RTNS) - Multimedia Chair (2023)
- IEEE International Conference on Embedded and Real-Time Computing Systems and Applications (RTCSA) - TPC for Real-Time Systems Track (2023, 2022, 2021)
- IEEE International Conference on High Performance Computing, Data, & Analytics (HiPC) - TPC (2022)
- IEEE Real-Time Technology and Applications Symposium Brief-Presentation - TPC (2020)
- Junior Researcher Workshop on Real-Time Computing - TPC (2020)
transactions and journals:
- ACM Transactions on Embedded Computing Systems - Guest Editor for "In/Near Memory and Storage Computing for Embedded Systems"
- ACM Transactions on Cyber-Physical Systems - Guest Editor for "Fault Resilient CPS"
- Applied Computing and Intelligence - Associate Editor
- Journal of Signal Processing Systems - Guest Editor
and in the following venues as a reviewer or a sub-reviewer, including but not limited to:
- Springer Journal of Time-Critical Computing Systems (TIME)
- Springer Journal of Systems Architecture (JSA)
- ACM Transactions on Embedded Computing Systems (TECS)
- ACM Transactions on Design Automation of Electronic Systems (TODAES)
- ACM Transactions on Cyber-Physical Systems (TCPS)
- ACM Transactions on Internet of Things (TIOT)
- IEEE Transaction on Computers (TC)
- IEEE Transactions on Computer-Aided Design of Integrated Circuits and Systems (TCAD)
- IEEE Transaction on Dependable and Secure Computing (TDSC)
- IEEE Transactions on Big Data (TBD)
- IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology (TVT)
- IEEE Embedded Systems Letters (ESL)
- IEEE Transactions on Emerging Topics in Computing (Thematic Section)
- IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control (TAC)
- IEEE Transactions on Reliability (TR)
- IEEE Real-Time Technology and Applications Symposium (RTAS)
- IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS)
- International Conference on Real-Time and Network Systems (RTNS)
- European Conference on Machine Learning and Principles and Practice of Knowledge Discovery in Databases (ECML PKDD)
Since 2016 I am also a mentor in Google Summer of Code for RTEMS. In case you are interested in the development of open-source RTOS, feel free to contact me.
UT Research Information System
Google Scholar Link
Affiliated Study Programmes
Courses Academic Year 2023/2024
Courses Academic Year 2022/2023
- Panelist at "2nd European-Taiwanese Conference for Science and Technology" in 2023 for "Academia in Europe"
- Invited Talk at NTUST in 2023
- Invited Talk "Memory-Centric Embedded System Designs" at NYCU in 2023
- Invited Talk "Efficient Support of Decision Tree Models on Embedded Systems" at NTHU in 2023
- Keynote at "The 28th Workshop on Compiler Techniques and System Software for High-Performance and Embedding Computing" in 2023
- Invited Talk at "Taiwan NSTC and Germany DAAD Joint Workshop on Compilers and Embedded Designs" in 2022
- Invited Talk "Doing UTQ as Doing Research" at UTQ Ceremony in 2022
- Invited Talk at Workshop "Taiwan NSTC and Germany DAAD joint workshop" in 2022
- Dutch Real-Time Systems Community (funded by 4TU.NIRICT) in 2022
- Promotion by ACM Special Interest Group on Design Automation (SIGDA) on "Who's who" on May 1st, 2022.
- Invited Lecture at Conference "Taiwan Elite in DACH-region on Advanced Engineering and Biomedical Technologies" in 2021
- Invited Talk at Workshop "Diskussionskreis Fehlertoleranz" in 2019