I obtained her BASc Biomedical laboratory research at Saxion University of Applied Sciences in Enschede. My thesis was performed at the clinical laboratory of the Medisch Spectrum Twente hospital, Enschede and was focused on measuring the effect of several anticancer drugs on different cancer cell lines. After graduating, I worked as a technician at the University of Twente and Sanquin Research Amsterdam. Before coming back to the University of Twente, I worked in Boston (US) as a Research associate at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School.
Starting in 2015, I work as a research technician within the group of Professor Robert Passier at the department of Applied Stem Cell Technologies.
- General laboratory management
- Differentiation of stem cells towards different cell types like cardiomyocytes and endothelial cells
- Health, Safety and Environment coordinator (AMC)
- Principle Investigator of GMO permits (VM)
- Instructor Master practical courses