My research, teaching and advisory activities are focused on procurement/purchasing and supply management (PSM) with a particular interest in how organizations in the public and healthcare sectors can work effectively with commercial companies to deliver better services to the communities they serve.
Through various projects and courses, I address capacity building and capability development in the management of external resources at various levels and across various types of organization, such as public hospitals, municipalities, government agencies and national government department, e.g.:
- The knowledge and skills of procurement experts, and how these need to change
- The strategic development of strategic procurement within organizations
- Procurement policy and strategy, especially related to concentrated markets
Since 2016, I am Co-Editor in Chief of the Journal of Purchasing and Supply Management. I also serve as Associate Editor of the Journal of Public Procurement, and on the Editorial Review Board of Sustainability. I am an active member of the International Purchasing & Supply Education and Research Association (IPSERA), a Fellow of theChartered Institute of Procurement and Supply and Senior Fellow of the Higher Education Association (UK).
Current projects, in collaboration with local and international colleagues, include:
- PSM in times of crisis – managing shortages in the covid-19 pandemic
- The International Research Study on Public Procurement
- The dynamic capabilities of ‘born sustainable’ firms
- Managing alliances in health and social care
- Supply risk from market concentration
UT Research Information System
Google Scholar Link
Courses Academic Year 2023/2024
Courses Academic Year 2022/2023