Since September of 2022, I’ve been working as a PhD-candidate at the University of Twente. During my PhD project, I examine the impact of a criminal trial on prolonged grief, posttraumatic stress, and depression levels of people bereaved by an intentional plane disaster (flight MH17).
In this context, I will be determining whether characteristics of a criminal trial should be considered as risk factors for developing psychopathology. Additionally, I will ascertain whether the experiences of MH17 bereaved people with the criminal justice system are similar to the experiences of people bereaved by homicide and vehicular homicide.
- Bachelor degree (2018-2021): Psychology (English track) at the Radboud University in Nijmegen
- Master degree (2021-2022): Clinical Forensic Psychology & Victimology at the University of Groningen
- Lonneke Lenferink (daily supervisor & co-promotor)
- Gerben Westerhof (promotor)
- Maarten Kunst (promotor)
- Jos de Keijser (co-promotor)