Creative and proactive technological designer with specialization in machine tribology. Interested in modeling and simulation of mechanisms and tribological contacts, and strongly attracted to tribological testing, tribometers, and hands-on work in general. More than three years of experience designing and developing tailored testing methods and friction measurement instruments, particularly for rolling-sliding interfaces. Skilled in prototype development, testing, and failure diagnosis of electromechanical systems.
My design project concerns the design and development of a testing method and a test set-up for accelerated testing of cam-roller follower interfaces.
During my design project I have focused my research on the following topics:
- Cam-Roller Follower Contacts.
- Tribological Testing.
- Tribological Testing Setups.
- Mixed EHL Lubrication of Rolling-Sliding Contacts.
- Friction in Rolling Sliding Contacts.
- Calculation of Stribeck Curves.
- Frictional Moment in Roller Bearings.
- Flexure Mechanisms.
- Motion Control.
- Modeling and Simulation of Tribological Contacts.
With the knowledge acquired, I came up with a novel testing method and test setup concept for tribological testing of cam-roller follower interfaces. These concepts have been validated throughout modeling and simulation of tribological contacts and a proof-of-concept prototype.
- B.Sc in Automotive Mechanical Engineering.
- M.Sc in Tribology of Surfaces and Interfaces.
- EngD Maintenance.