Rob Bemthuis is a PhD student in the Pervasive Systems Research Group at the University of Twente. He holds a master's (2017) and a bachelor's degree in Industrial Engineering and Management from the University of Twente. His specialization is production and logistics management. Rob's research is part of the Big Data for Resilient Logistics (DATAREL) project, and deals with advancing the extant logistic knowledge with novel Internet of Things (IoT) and Big Data solutions for detecting emerging behaviors.
In general, Rob's research interest involves multi-agent systems (MAS), simulation of logistic processes, and machine learning.
In addition to his research activities, Rob is an active volunteer in the international community of the University of Twente and Enschede. He was elected Treasurer (2019-2020) of the PhD Network of the University of Twente (P-NUT), general board member position (2020-2021), and elected Treasurer & Vice-President (2021-2022). He was organizing chairs of the PhD Day 2019, PhD & PDEng Day 2020, and PhD & PDEng Day 2021 at the University of Twente. Besides that, he is involved in various national and regional associations and projects.
UT Research Information System
Google Scholar Link
Affiliated Study Programmes
Courses Academic Year 2020/2021
In the press
News on utwente.nl
- DATAREL: project update (2022)
- ‘I’ve faced the nearly stereotypical PhD experience: mental health challenges’ (2021)
- PhD & PDEng Day explores the role of scientists in ‘post-fact society’ (2021)
- P-NUT: ‘There should be serious consequences to misconduct’ (2021)
- PhD Day: ‘We want to be honest about how things really are' (2019)
- Best Doctoral Consortium Paper Award at the IEEE EDOC 2019 conference (2019)
- Poster nomination for Rob Bemthuis at ICT.Open (2019)
- Commit2Data project, Datarel, at ICT Open 2019 (2019)
- Succes UT-studenten bij Griekse summerschool (2016)