My background summary:
- Awarded (2020-23) prestigious Marie Skłodowska-Curie Fellowship (€187,573; <12% win rate). Topic : "Individualised COgnitive and Motor learning for the Elderly (ICOME)"
- PhD in Cognitive & Motor Neuroscience
- Published author in the Neuroscience of Meditation
- Electroencephalography (EEG) and magnetoencephalography (MEG) expertise
- Yoga and meditation practitioner since 2009, instructor and facilitator since 2013
- Lululemon Adelaide Ambassador (2013-15)
- Senior health and wellbeing scientist (2011-14)
I am creating a neurocognitive model of motor learning representation for the elderly, using supervised machine learning with electroencephalography (EEG) and behavioral data to predict cognitive and motor states. This project will use two different forms of meditation to obtain greater learning outcomes in a shorter timeframe for the elderly. It is predicted that elder adults with individualised training will gain benefits such as improved balance control for falls prevention.
UT Research Information System
Google Scholar Link
Courses Academic Year 2023/2024
Courses Academic Year 2022/2023
Individualised Cognitive and Motor learning for the Elderly (ICOME):
For those who require it, motor sequence learning in the elderly is crucial for improvement of their motor function. However, existing motor learning programmes neglect individual cognitive and motor differences, resulting in significantly varied improvements in motor function. The EU-funded ICOME project aims to offer a management solution to the ageing demographic in the EU. It will create an efficient method that provides a personalised approach to motor sequence learning in the elderly. The project will address historical and existing theoretical topics, establish an inclusive neurocognitive model of motor learning representation using advanced machine learning methods, and create a personalised intervention. The findings will contribute to improving health management policies and future applications of advanced brain-computer interfaces.
In the press
Scope TV Australia - Introduction and preparation of EEG systems:
News on utwente.nl
Two Marie Curie Individual Fellowships for the UT: