I am an assistant professor in the Department of Thermal and Fluid Engineering (Thermal Engineering group) at the University of Twente.
From 2019 to 2022, I was a postdoctoral Fellow (Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions Fellowship/H.C. Ørsted COFUND) in the research group of Prof. Brian Elmegaard at Technical University of Denmark (DTU). The research topic was heat pumps and zeotropic refrigerants for district heating systems. In addition, I was responsible for the development of a multifunctional heat pump test system for the DTU TES Laboratory.
In 2017, I finished my PhD on "Thermal behavior of novel solar thermal collectors based on micro heat pipe arrays" at Beijing University of Technology. During this period, I also participated in the high-efficiency phase change heat storage research project and the development of solar air heating combined heat storage system.
- Heat pump and mixture refrigerant
- Solar thermal energy/PVT
- Micro-heat pipe technology
- Energy storage technologies
- Energy system integration and optimization
- Dr. Zhu is open to collaborations with researchers from Academia,Industry, Research institute, etc. Please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss any collaboration opportunities!
- Dr Zhu welcomes motivated and creative students to join the research, especially those who enjoy working on challenging projects!